Possessing shares in a restaurant that serves alcohol

Q: I am a silent partner in a restaurant that serves alcohol.What course of action should I take with my share? My partners are unlikely to sell. If I have to sell, who do I sell to?

                            الجواب حامدا ومصليا ومسلما ومنه الصدق والصواب


A: It is not permitted to serve alcohol and any income thereby earned is unlawful. You should first insist that your partners stop serving alcohol. If they refuse, you should sell your share of the business to the partners. If that too is not possible, you should continue to object to the serving of alcohol, not take any earnings from the alcohol, and try to exist the business as soon as possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *